Friday, July 29, 2011

Another TGIF

I had a routine mammogram today.  As I was sitting there in my waist length tissue paper gown (The women reading this know what I'm talking about.  The men can use their imagination) I had a brilliant idea.  I asked the technician if I could take the gown home to wear during my Weight Watcher's weigh-in.

The mammogram results were good.  Don't have to have 'em smashed for another six months.

We've been having beautiful, warm weather lately.  Maybe summer is finally here.  I keep telling people we shouldn't complain about the cold, wet spring/beginning summer that we had.  So much of the rest of the country is really suffering from the heat.  I remember those days in Oklahoma as I was growing up. At night I would put my bed against an open window and lie my head on the windowsill trying to get a smidgen of cool breeze.

It's been a great time here for working on our ongoing landscaping.  A friend let us dig some plants from her immense yard/garden.  Nearly every inch of her yard is planted in flowers and shrubs which her deceased husband planted.  He knew the name of every plant including the Latin names.

To my Oklahoma family members:  Keep cool!!

2 comments:

  1. Yuk, mammogram! I love your idea of wearing the paper gown to Weight Watchers - I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next door neighbor when I was a kid had a yard full full full of roses! It was an amazing sight!

    And if you'd like some warmer weather, I'd be happy to send you some of the blazing hot 100+ here in Texas!!

    ReplyDelete