Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Getting Older

Tomorrow is just another day....and my BIRTHDAY.  Why do they come around so fast?  I remember when I could hardly wait for the next birthday.  Now I'd rather have one about every two years.  At our  church service last Sunday my birthday was announced, and when asked how old I would be I added 10 years to my real age thinking that some people might comment on how young I look for my age.   Most people knew me well enough to know I was kidding, but a few didn't.  They thought I looked AMAZING for my age. 

When I was young I thought that no matter how old I became I would always look and feel young.  I would make sure of it.  Wrong!!  I'm losing ground on both counts.  Most of my body is drooping and there's that neck that looks a lot like a turkey.  Last week I bought some of those jeans that ride just below the belly button. Well, from my belly button down I look like half of a blown up balloon.  When an item is sitting at the crest of a hill it's naturally going to roll down.  The jeans wound up down around my crotch.  

My joints hurt and don't want to bend when I tell them to. What doesn't hurt doesn't exist.  When I look in the mirror I wonder why my mother is there.  Sometimes I walk into a room and forget why I'm there.  Sometimes I forget that I forgot.  

Oh, well, I guess it's better than the alternative.  I'm my mother's clone and she lived to age 99.  I probably have -???? - more years to get used to the inevitable  









4 comments:

  1. LOL
    Happy Birthday!! And....many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly can identify. I've started having back trouble on top of everything else. I've found B12 complex to be helpful with focus, memory and depression. Makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday to you, and a Happy Valentine's Day for today.

    I guess as you get older you get wiser, but you also get gray hair, gain weight (which is incredibly hard to shed, btw - something I'm working on...), and you get so, SO tired so quickly! Age definitely has it's cons, so I'm finding.

    And yes, a birthday every other year would be nice, wouldn't it? I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also trying to lose weight. It wouldn't be nearly as hard if I would stick with a plan until I get to the weight I want to be. Then stay that way. Too many times I think, "Oh, well, I'll get back on the plan tomorrow". I've had dreams of weighing what I did when I was 30. Then I think about all the saggy skin and wrinkles. But I sure would like to lose 30 pounds. I think I'll start again tomorrow. lol

    ReplyDelete