Thursday, February 5, 2015

Meat Loaf YU-UUMMM!

A few years ago my granddaughter gave me a recipe for meatloaf.  I've always been about the worst at making meatloaf so I was happy to get a recipe from a chef.  She's no longer in the restaurant business, but she's still a great cook.  For a couple years I didn't make her meatloaf.  In fact I forgot she had given me the recipe. Last week I hunted for it until I finally found it among my stash of  'wanna cook this some day'.  I made it last night and it was just as good as I remembered it.  Here's the recipe.

Blythe's Meat Loaf

equal parts ground pork and ground beef. (I used Italian sausage for the pork.)
diced onions
chopped garlic
ketchup
dijon
paprika
panko
eggs
chopped bacon
fruit of the pig spice  (I don't have any of that.  Don't even know what it is)

sauce - chopped mama lil's pickled peppers and ketchup. Just heat it up and put it on the meatloaf when you eat it.

1 comment: